Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Raya with Ketupat

I was searching for nutrition information on ketupat but couldn't find any. So, I plan to estimate the calories based on the recipe.  I ask my colleague, " I kg glutinous rice can make up to how many ketupat?" Unfortunately, she says, "My mum also wasn't sure bout that." I am wondering, isn't it making ketupat an essential tradition for Malays during Raya celebration?
So, I continue to search and managed to find the one listed in Malaysian Healthful Recipe published by Nutrition Society of Malaysia.  It is the recipe origins from Northern West Malaysia which is known as Ketupat Pulut Palas.


'Healthy' Ketupat

(Net Weight: 180g/serving)
Calories: 667kcal
Fat:28.4g
Protein:12.5g 

Carbohydrate:97.9g 






It only mention the serving size in gram. But looking at the carbohydrate content, one serving should be 2 ketupats.

Summary:
2 ketupats or 1 serving here is equivalent to 3 bowls of rice.  Since this recipe is listed in the Malaysian Healthful Recipe,  I assume that it is lower in calories and fats compared to the ordinary one.  Walau eh....that means the ordinary ketupat is even more fattening wor...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how are you?

Definitely gonna recommend this post to a few friends

Anonymous said...

Drop in on us at the moment to come by more information and facts regarding Visit us now to grasp more information and facts at all events [url=http://www.polandlimoservice.com]Bus wynajem warszawa[/url]