Thursday, July 8, 2010

Karate Kid Vs Nutrition.

I have just watched the movie with hubby last night. I like it when the kid got frustrated and said, " Be respectful, I got it. I put on my jacket a thousand times and I took it off a thousand times." "You don't know Kung Fu." And Jacky Chan replied,  " Kung Fu lives in everything we do. It lives in how we put on the jacket, how we take off the jacket. And lives in how we treat people.Everything is Kung Fu"

This is what happen in our daily life. We repeatedly eating everyday almost the same foods. We eat a thousand meals and shit a thousand times.  And sometimes, we get frustrated about why are we eating a healthy balance diet and what's next?  Then, we end up indulging in foods.
So, when you met a friend of dietitian or nutritionist like me, the first and the only concern is not to get to know me, but to ask, " How to lose weight?" When you do not get the answer that you want from me, you will only say, "You don't know nutrition."
All I can say is, "Nutrition lives in everything we do.  It lives in how we eat and drink, how we shit and how we exercise. And lives in how we treat our body with the foods." Nutrition is all about how to apply what we already know in our life everyday. So, next time when you are undecidable about what to eat or drink, or whether to exercise or not, think about what Jacky Chan said in the movie.....

1 comments:

Mad About Writing said...

hi Karene...

I know you do calorie count for food in general but I'm just wondering if you could give us your feedback regarding infant formula under my post "Weaning and Breastfeeding"? If you know about it that is...

We'd like to know more about the nutrition level/glucose content/calories --- are they really good for babies or are some of the ingredients excessive and not good for babies/toddlers?
Would appreciate it if you can enlighten us ! :)