Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Life is short if you don't know how to value it.

Why shall we bother about calories in the foods?
This can not eat, that also can not eat, I rather die now?
All of us will die one day, then why don't we enjoy life now?
Why can't we eat whatever we want as long as we are happy?

When I go out to have meals with friends and colleagues, sometime they will ask me these questions....How shall I answer them?

Here comes another.....You are a dietitian, why are you eating this?

Yes, I always enjoy my foods and I eat all kinds of foods.  But I don't indulge in them.  You can just simply name me one of those unhealthy hawkers' foods.  And I also remember the last time that I had Pizza with my colleagues was in March 2010....Dear friends and colleagues, being health conscious doesn't mean that we can't enjoy our life.  Beside foods, there are many other ways to enjoy our life, isn't it? Healthy eating just helps to keep us away from unnecessary sufferings due to the diet related diseases so that we can enjoy our life longer.....

Summary:  
Portion and frequency are the two main things that I emphasize while enjoying my foods.  Balance, variety and moderation in everything are the keys to a healthy lifestyle. So, friends, enjoy life to the fullest.

2 comments:

SirGeo said...

3 principles!heee....

must remeMber...huhu

karene lee said...

How can I forget u? handsome boy from Sabah....