Sunday, May 9, 2010

Osborne Crackers

When I was working in one of the private hospital as a clinical dietitian, quite a numbers of my diabetic patients like this crackers especially the older generation.  It is a bit shameful to tell you that i have never tried it before.  Last week, my parent came to visit me and they brought a packet of Osborne crackers all the way from my hometown....I am wondering, what is so special about this crackers?

Net Weight: 410g
Servings per packet: about 13 servings
Serving size: 10 pc/32g

Nutrient content per serving:
Calories: 172kcal
Fat: 10.1g
Protein:3.6g
Carbohydrate:16.7g



Ingredient:
Flour, Full Cream Milk, Sugars, palm oils and ammonia bicarbonate.


Summary:
Nothing much special about the taste.  Just that it is more handy than the ordinary square crackers and my patients can easily finish 20pc during tea breaks....I am unsure of its Glycemic Index. The fat content is quite high.  But if you really like it, I would suggest to keep it at not more than one serving at snacks time if you are diabetics.

0 comments: